Monday, April 11, 2016

Portrait Sketches in Oil Paint

12" x 9" Oil on Panel
I don't bring out the oil paints as often as I should at the weekly portrait sessions. Charcoal is my favorite medium to use at the sessions, followed by pastel. There's a lot of value in using those two mediums, especially charcoal, so I'll always make time for them. But the oil paints need to make more appearances at my practices. So last week oil paint is all I used.

12" x 9" Oil on Panel
The first picture in this post shows the oil sketch I made at Howard Lyon's studio last Wednesday. The second picture shows my oil sketch from Casey Child's studio last Thursday. Both were made using a limited palette of yellow ochre, cadmium red, ivory black, and titanium white. 

For more about drawing and painting sessions, go to "Labels" on the side bar and click on "sketching" or "drawing."

No comments: