Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas 2015!

12" x 12" Oil on Canvas Panel
Last week Santa Claus modeled for us at  Casey Childs studio! For this oil sketch I used a three color palette: cadmium yellow, cadmium red, and ivory black, plus titanium white.

It was fun in spite of the challenges. I set up at a spot that had flat lighting and no shape-defining shadows. I absolutely love drawing and painting faces, but so little of the jolly guy's face was visible. The portrait is dominated by a shapeless red suit and a mile-long polyester beard. But maybe that's not important because, after all, I got to paint Santa!

Besides that, there was lots of cookies and chocolate for us to enjoy during breaks!
_________

Here's a Christmas Video I enjoyed on YouTube. If you haven't had a chance to see it, here's your opportunity:


Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: