Saturday, April 20, 2013

Woman from India


The weekly drawing session continues to provide a rich and wide variety of models for us humble drawers and sketchers who work to stretch ours skills to ever higher levels. That, and the chips and salsa ain't bad, either. For this sketch (done a week and a half ago) I used a darker paper with a warm gray tone. The darker paper worked well, I think, for the model's dark complexion. I only wish I had enough time to draw the colorful Indian clothing she wore. The darks were drawn with the usual charcoal pencils. Instead of "charcoal white" for highlights, I used a pale pinkish Conte pastel pencil more suited to the papers warm tone. Drawing dimensions are around 14" x 10".

For more about drawing sessions, go to "Labels" on the side bar and click on "sketching" or "drawing."

No comments: